Chracter relationships
I think that the relationship between Lennie and George does not help George achieve his dream. I believe this because of how Curly treated George and Lennie because of Lennie "Curly lashed his body around.'By Christ he's gotta talk when he's spoke to. What the hell are you gettin' into it for?'"(Steinbeck 25) I feel that Curly will cause trouble for George. This relationship also shows us the commitment that George has to Lennie because even though Lennie makes life a lot hard for George he still sticks by his side "'I hat that kinda bastard.' he said. 'I seen plenty of 'em. Like the old guy says, Curly don't take no chances. He always wins' He thought for a moment. 'If he tangles with you, Lennie we're gonna get the can. Don't make no mistake about that. He's the boss's son."(Steinbeck 29) This proves that George cares about him because why would he look out for him like this and help him though life like this and not care for him. I don't know. What do you think? Write in the comment below.
I agree with you that Lennie is not helping George achieve his dream. I think that if George left Lennie, then he might be more successful. But I also think that George doesn't want to leave Lennie because then Lennie would have a harder time being without George. George guides Lennie to do the right things, and without George, then Lennie might be in a bad situation.
ReplyDelete